RN in Long Term Care Certification Program RN-CLTC -12 contact hours
$180.00This program guides RNs in understanding the clinical and managerial knowledge that is unique to long term care and that is required to effectively provide professional nursing leadership in this highly specialized setting. With the use of DVDs and texts, the nurse will be guided through topics such as:
- Overview of the long term care facility
- Promoting regulatory compliance
- Resident assessment and care planning
- Safe medication administration
- Managerial skills
- Legal risks and how to minimize them
- Hold an active nursing license
- Have at least 2 years experience as a RN
- Complete the independent study materials
- Submit the appropriate fee
- Pass the examination with a score of at least 80%
12 contact hours - Certification and Contact hours fee* pay $125.
*Certification and Contact Hours Fee does not need to be paid until you are ready to complete program and obtain certification. Certification is valid for a 3 year period, after which recertification can be achieved by either submitting proof of 20 contact hours of continuing education or retaking the Certification Examination.